Possibly the yummiest sandwich you will ever eat! Fusing our Mermaid and Velvet Lattes together to make the dreamy ‘blurpinkle’ colour, and the most delicious peanut butter choc bickies that taste like Milo, you will have this recipe on repeat over summer!
1 cup peanut butter (or Mayver’s nut and seed blend or make a cup of your own choice of nut or seed butter)
3 frozen bananas (make sure they are white)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Cacao or Carob
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil (melted)
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
4 tsp Mermaid Latte
2 tsp Velvet Latte
1 tbsp Thriving Protein Vanilla (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cacao (or carob) and coconut oil together.
3. Add in coconut sugar, peanut butter, and egg and mix well.
4. Place spoonfuls of mixture on a lined baking tray (we used heaped teaspoons as it spreads).
5. Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, check on them a lot, you do not want to burn these tasty bickies! Allow to cool and place them in the freezer for at least an hour. (We made this recipe in super hot weather so having them frozen is best!)
6. Make the nice cream mixture by adding the frozen bananas, coconut milk and optional protein powder into a high powered blender, then divide the mixture into three (leaving one portion in the blender) for the lattes to be added.
7. For mixture 1, add 2 tsp of Mermaid Latte, blend until combined then set aside in freezer.
8. For mixture 2, add 1 tsp of Velvet Latte, blend until combined then set aside in freezer.
9. For mixture 3, add 1 tsp of Mermaid Latte and 1 tsp of Velvet Latte, blend until combined to make the purple colour.
10. Swirl together the mixtures (but don’t fully combine). If the mixture is quite ‘soft’ we recommend letting the sit in the freezer for a while to harden up, as nice cream sandwiches melt quickly!
11. Scoop a tablespoon of nice cream onto a biscuit and top with another biscuit. Place each sandwich the freezer while you make the rest.
12. Serve straight away or keep in the freezer until required.