1 cup cashews
3 very ripe bananas
½ cup raw almonds (ground into meal)
¾ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut oil
Pinch of himalayan salt
¼ cup organic linseeds
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp bicarb or baking soda
¼ cup almond milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 160C.
2. Soak the cashews by putting them into a bowl and covering them with hot water, allow to soak for 2 hours.
3. While your oven is coming up to temperature mash your bananas in a bowl.
4. Add almonds, buckwheat flour, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, bicarb or baking soda, clean or thriving protein, pinch of pink Himalayan crystal salt, and linseeds and mix well until combined.
5. Place your mixture in a square tray or baking tin lined with baking paper. Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. Insert a skewer or knife – if it comes out clean it is cooked all the way through. It should be super moist. Set aside to cool.
6. Drain and rinse the cashews and add them into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients, except Mermaid Latte. Blend until it becomes a smooth cream.
7. Stir in desired amount of Mermaid Latte until combined.
We used a dash of blue spirulina to decorate but this isn’t necessary for flavour.