A Christmas Classic and the best kind of edible art creations for the whole family! Made extra colourful and nutritious with Matcha Latte, Velvet Latte and Golden Latte. DIY gingerbread decorating also doubles as an activity for the kids, win win!
115 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup coconut sugar
1 egg yolk
2 and ¼ cup plain flour or all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tbsp Golden Latte
¼ teaspoon salt
200g spreadable cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp Velvet Latte
1 tbsp Matcha Latte
Christmas cookie cutter shapes
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk and coconut sugar using an electric beater on medium speed until combined.
2. Sift in flour, baking soda and Golden Latte. Mix until a cookie dough starts to form.
3. Sprinkle your bench with some extra flour and then knead the dough for a minute or two using your hands, until it comes together to form a smooth ball. Wrap the dough and pop in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
5. Generously flour your bench and roll out your dough using a rolling pin to approximately 1/8 inch thickness. Dust your rolling pin with flour as you go to prevent the dough from sticking.
6. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and gently place the cookies onto the prepared trays. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden on the edges. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Once the cookies are completely cool, place each latte powder in a small bowl with a tbsp of water and stir to combine.
8. Separate the cream cheese into three different bowls, mix the velvet mixture into one, the matcha into another and leave the last one white.
9. Transfer each mixture to a small piping bag fitted with a small nozzle. Decorate your gingerbread men with icing and place in the fridge until ready to eat.