2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup water (depending on consistency)
1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
3 cups of cashews, soaked (20 minutes to overnight)
2 cups of almonds to top
Additional crackers of choice
1/2 cup The Wholefood Pantry Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes
1 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Himalayan Salt
1. If making your own cashew cheese. Soak your cashews (overnight if possible, if not soak for at least 20 minutes). Discard the water you’ve been soaking your cashews in.
2. Add cashews, garlic, smoked paprika, apple cider vinegar, Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes, lemon juice, ¼ cup water and salt, in a high speed blender until smooth.
3. Stir in chopped herbs, chilli flakes, refrigerate for 2 plus hours to firm up.
4. Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a preheated 170c oven. Spread almonds on a baking tray and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Allow to cool.
5. To make the pine cones, shape the cashew cheese into pinecone shapes.
6. Starting at the narrow end, place almonds into the cheese on a slight angle, forming rows.
7. Garnish pine cone cheese ball with rosemary twigs to resemble pine needles.
8. Serve with crackers.