Taco Tuesday is back in a big way now that the weather is heating up. We love the rich smokiness of classic pulled pork taco, so of course, we had to switch it up and create these mighty meat-free morsels of deliciousness. Our Blackbean & Jackfruit Mole Tacos get an extra layer of richness from a super sneaky addition of Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Buttons (trust us on this one). This recipe makes 20 mini tacos, so if you’re not feeding the masses, feel free to halve the quantities for a smaller serving.
3-4 avocados, thinly sliced
2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup coriander leaves
200 g fetta, crumbled
1 tbsp olive oil
20 mini tortillas
1-2 limes, cut into quarters
3 tbsp chipotle in adobo
4 tbsp ground cumin
4 tbsp ground coriander
4 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 star anise
3 bay leaves
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 L water
2 cans Jackfruit in brine, drained
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
80 g The Wholefood Pantry Dark Chocolate Buttons
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
1/2 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
1. Add onions and garlic to pan with olive oil, soften on a medium heat.
2. Add spices and toast until fragrant.
3. Add black beans, jackfruit, canned tomatoes, water, vegetable broth powder, coconut sugar, chipotle and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes until jackfruit softens and the mix has reached a nice 'stew' consistency.
4. Add in the dark chocolate and stir until melted through.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
6. Serve in tacos with red cabbage, avocado, feta, coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime.