6 Whole cabbage leaves
6 Spring onions, 3 sliced in half lengthwise
1 Litre of water
1 Carrot sliced into 1-2mm rounds
250g Chicken mince
½ Inch knob of ginger, finely grated
½ Inch knob of ginger sliced
3 cloves of garlic, finely grated
Sesame oil to taste
½ Cup of coriander leaves
½ Juice of lime
1 tsp tamari
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Low Fodmap Veggie
3 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Hearty Original
- Add the chicken mince to a bowl with the ginger, garlic, pinch of salt and 4 drops of sesame oil, mix and set aside.
- Cut the cabbage leaves in half discarding the thick vein.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil, cook the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes, remove and then set aside in ice cold water.
- Using the same water bring the vegetable broth to the boil, add in carrot, more sliced ginger, tamari and sesame oil.
- To make the dumplings, place a cabbage leaf on a flat surface, place 2 tsp of chicken mixture 2cm from the front edge and fold over both sides and roll up like a spring roll. Tie with a spring onion bow, repeat for all remaining dumplings.
- Place a steamer over the broth saucepan and add the parcels into the steamer, covering with a lid. Steam for 10 -12 mins.
- Taste the broth and season as desired with tamari & lime.
- Serve in your favourite bowl with spring onions and coriander.
- Feel free to add any of your favourite Vietnamese herbs
- Chicken mince can be substituted with pork, shrimp or fish mince