1 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Cos lettuce, leaves separated
Cucumber, cut into rounds
Green capsicum, thinly sliced
½ pineapple, cut into moons
4 roma tomatoes, deseeded, finely diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
½ bunch parsley
½ jar Pickled jalapenos
1 jalapeno, finely chopped (deseed if you prefer it less spicy)
1 lime, juiced (plus extra limes to serve)
450 g skirt steak
1 tbsp & ½ tsp The Wholefood Pantry Crystal Salt
1 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp Beef Bone Broth Hearty Original
1. Prepare your carne asada rub by combining cracked pepper, garlic powder, chilli powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, Beef Bone Broth Powder and 1 tbsp salt.
2. Place pan over a medium high heat and Rub your steak with prepared mix while it heats up.
3. Once pan is hot, cook your steak to your liking and allow to rest.
4. To make the pico di gallo combine tomatoes, red onion and half of your coriander in a small bowl.
5. To make the salsa verde, add remaining coriander, parsley, and pickled jalapenos in a high-speed blender with a good glug of olive oil, blend until well combined.
6. To Caramelise your pineapple, heat a pan over a high heat and add pineapple, flipping occasionally until lovely and brown.
7. Slice rested steak.
7. To assemble, add cos leaves to bowl, top with cucumber, capsicum and sliced steak. Rest your caramelised pineapple on top, and add a hearty portion of both your pico di gallo and salsa verde, add lime wedges to serve.