1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 leek, halved lengthways then sliced
4 carrots, diced
3 sprigs thyme
2 tbsp tapioca
1 cup almond milk
3 cups pre-cooked shredded chicken breast (Either from a responsibly sourced, healthy rotisserie chicken or poached and shredded chicken breast.
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
250ml boiling water
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted (chose gluten free if dietary requires)
1 egg (for egg wash)
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
2 tbsp of Chicken Bone Broth Garden Herb
- Preheat oven to 210ºC.
- In a Dutch oven, add olive oil and sauté garlic, leeks, carrot and thyme until the vegetables are softened.
- Add tapioca flour and stir to coat.
- Add almond milk. Stir to coat.
- Add chicken broth, peas, salt and pepper, and water, stir until incorporated.
- Cut pastry to the shape of your pot using the lid of the Dutch oven for guidance. Slice a few small holes for steam to escape. Use any excess pastry to cut out hearts etc. for decoration (and extra puff).
- Whisk up the egg with a fork in a bowl.
- Place pastry on top of the pie mix, then brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
Ready in: 40 mins
Difficulty level: Easy - Peasy