1 kg Chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
1/2 cup white wine
1 L boiling water
Zest and juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 carrots, chopped
1 leek, rinsed and finely sliced
3 stalks of celery, finely sliced
2 cans of white beans, drained and rinsed
4 garlic cloves
1 sprig rosemary, torn into bits
2 bay leaves
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp good quality parmesan cheese (optional)
3 heaped tbsp Chicken Bone Broth (we used Hearty Original)
1 tsp Vegetable Broth (we used Garden Veggie)
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes
The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then cook for 4 minutes, turning. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the leek, carrot, celery, and garlic to the saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
3. Return the chicken to the pan and add the white wine and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add broth powders, savoury flakes, white beans, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, bay leaves and rosemary. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove the chicken, shred the meat and return to the saucepan.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through parmesan (optional).
7. Divide into bowls and top with baby spinach.