100 g vermicelli rice noodles or glass noodles
75 g kale or green cabbage
50 g beansprouts
2 red capsicums
1 large pomegranate
4 sprigs of fresh mint
4 sprigs of fresh coriander
12 medium round rice-paper wrappers
Miso Peanut Sauce
1/3 cup natural peanut butter.
2 tbsp Vegetable Miso Broth
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Rice Malt Syrup
1 tsp tamari or coconut aminos
1 garlic clove, minced
1 3cm knob of ginger
1 tbsp (15 ml) brown rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar
1/3 cup (80 ml) water, more if needed
2 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Organic Brown Rice Syrup
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Miso Ramen
1. To make the dipping sauce, chop the garlic and ginger. Place into a small bowl then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Mix well, then taste and adjust the flavours, if needed. This can also be combined in a food processor or blender.
2. Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, then leave to cool.
3. Cut the vegetables into matchstick slices roughly 5cm in length and place into a large bowl with the cooled noodles and beansprouts.
4. Cut the pomegranate in half, hold one half over a bowl, cut-side down, and tap the back of it with a wooden spoon so that all of the seeds come out. Repeat with the other half. Pick in the herb leaves ready to assemble.
5. Dip one of the rice paper wrappers in a shallow bowl of warm water. Allow to soak for around 10 seconds until soft and pliable, drain on kitchen paper, then place onto a board.
6. Arrange 1- 2 heaped tablespoons of the filling onto the wrapper in a rough line, (be careful not to overfill them as they’ll be hard to roll).
7. Fold the edge nearest to you over the filling, then tightly roll it away from you, tucking in the left and right edges as you go, then press down to seal.
8. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, halve each roll at an angle, then serve with the dipping sauce – enjoy!