Approx 1 kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
Bunch of dutch baby carrots
1 red onion, sliced
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
⅓ cup tahini
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
½ lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Parsley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp orange juice
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Brown Rice Syrup
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Pepitas
3 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
Pinch The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 220C.
2. Mix together orange juice and brown rice syrup. Slice carrots in half lengthwise, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle over orange mixture.
3. Place pumpkin and onion on another baking tray. Drizzle over olive oil, cinnamon, and ginger then toss to combine.
4. Place both trays in the oven and roast for 25 minutes until caramelized and soft.
5. To make sweet and spicy pepitas, combine pepitas, coconut sugar, allspice, cayenne pepper and salt, then spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper, place in the oven for 10 minutes, until slightly golden, then allow to cool.
6. Mix together tahini, greek yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and salt to make a tangy sauce.
7. To serve, combine sweet potato, carrot, onion, carrot, chickpeas and herbs and toss gently. Scatter over pepitas and spoon over sauce.