1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 kg stewing beef, trimmed of fat cut into chunks
3 carrots sliced 1.5cm thick
1 large onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch salt and pepper
2 tbsp flour
2 cups red wine
3 cups boiling water
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
6 fresh small mushrooms, quartered
500g small washed potatoes cut into halves
2 tbsp butter
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Pat dry beef with paper towel; sear in batches in the hot oil until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the remaining oil, sauté the carrots, mushrooms, garlic and diced onions until softened, and return the beef back into the pot.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Sprinkle with flour, toss well and cook for 4-5 minutes to brown.
- Add the wine and Beef Bone Broth Concentrate, boiling water, tomato paste and herbs. Bring to a simmer on the stove. Cover, transfer to the lower part of the oven and simmer for 2.5 hours.
- Add in potatoes and return to the oven for 1 hour.or until the meat falls apart tender and the potatoes are cooked through. If the mixture is looking a little dry, add more water.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.