No weeknight meal plan is complete without a one-pot wonder that uses up all the veggies hanging around in the fridge. This curry is seriously tasty and fuss-free! If you’re like us, and don’t feel like making a curry paste from scratch after a big day, you’ll love this recipe made using an authentic, additive & preservative free curry paste that packs a real flavour punch!
Any leftover vegetables: potato, sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin etc, diced into small pieces
3 tsp garlic, diced
2 tsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1 onion finely diced
3 heaped tbsp of MAE PLOY Curry Paste (find in any asian grocer. They’re all delish, and the Yellow Curry flavour is vegan!)
1-2 tbsp water (as needed)
400ml can coconut cream
Any leftover greens: broccoli, beans, bok choy cut into chunks
Any leftover herbs like parsley or basil
Basmati Rice and/or Quinoa.
Garnish: Freshly chopped chilli or lime
NUTRA ORGANICS PANTRY
1. Get the hard (potato, sweet potato, carrot etc) vegetables roasting in a hot oven with coconut oil and salt for a good 30-40 minutes. Tip: cut into small bite sized cubes to make them cook faster and turn out more caramelised.
2. Lightly fry garlic, ginger, coconut sugar & onion at a medium heat for a few minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown (cook in coconut oil 2-3 tablespoons).
3. Add yellow curry paste, fry and mix with already cooking ingredients. Cook for a few minutes until curry paste dissolves.
4. Add a little water if at this point the curry base is burning or sticking to the pan.
5. Add a pinch of salt.
6. Add baked crispy vegetables (potato, sweet potato, carrot). Immediately after start to slowly add coconut cream (1 can). Add about 1/4 of the can every 5 minutes or so.
7. Cook until curry turns a nice yellow and is appropriate consistency - add additional water/ or coconut cream if required.
8. When you're ¾ through the can add the fresh green vegetables, and continue cooking for 5 more minutes, adding the last ¼ of the coconut cream.
9. Serve with freshly steamed basmati rice & fresh herbs (coriander and/or basil).
10 Add freshly chopped chilli and or lime if desired, and enjoy!
Optional: have an iced coconut water with a dash of lime or a summer ale to enjoy as an accompanying drink.