2 kg washed potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup good quality olive oil
½ cup almonds or your choice of nuts
½ lemon juiced
3 cloves garlic
½ cup fresh basil leaves packed
1 cup rocket leaves
2 tbsp nutritional yeast or parmesan
1 tbsp water
pinch salt to taste
cracked black pepper to taste
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCT
- Boil potatoes in a pot of water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool and add to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use a glass or a spoon to smash each potato as flat as possible.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and flakey sea salt.
- Bake at 220 degrees for 40 minutes or until crispy and golden brown, turning and flattening every 10-15 minutes.
- To make the pesto combine olive oil, almonds, lemon juice, rocket, basil, parmesan, water, veggie broth, salt and pepper in a blender and blitz to combine. Stopping and scraping down sides then continuing to blend, until the ingredients make a chunky paste.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and let cool slightly. Add a spoonful of homemade pesto on top and enjoy!