Another dreamy recipe added to our unicorn repertoire! This lush dessert is so delicious and simple to make, setting your favourite yoghurt with our Natural Gelatin and made magical with our superfood lattes, all on a rich, chewy base. Yum yum!
½ tsp of vanilla extract or a vanilla bean (optional)
1L coconut yoghurt
1 ½ cups almonds
½ cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
¼ cup of maple syrup
To make the base -
1. Toast desiccated coconut in a pan until lightly golden.
2. Blitz almonds in a food processor until it forms a meal.
3. Add in dates and blitz again.
4. Combine almond meal, date mixture, desiccated coconut, coconut oil, salt and vanilla bean (or extract) in a bowl and knead into a dough.
5. Press mixture into a 1 litre capacity rectangular dish lined with baking paper, place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
To make the filling -
1. Add gelatin to 3/4 cup of boiling water in a saucepan and heat to fully dissolve the mixture. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
2. Create a double boiler (a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water) then add yoghurt and maple syrup to the bowl, whisk to combine. Once the yoghurt mixture has reached lukewarm temperature, add in the gelatin liquid. It is important to combine the gelatin with the yoghurt at the same temperature or the gelatin will clump.
3. Divide into three bowls and allow to cool slightly. Add in 1 tsp of Velvet Latte for the pink layer, 1 tsp of Mermaid Latte for blue layer, and combine 1/2 tsp of Mermaid Latte and 1/2 tsp of velvet latte for the purple layer.
4. Spoon 1 of the mixtures onto the base and smooth out. Repeat to create the remaining layers. Cover and set in the fridge for at 3 hours or until set.
Note: This makes a delicious soft set filling. To make a firmer filling add another scoop of gelatin and 1/4 of water