1 cup filtered water
1 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Natural Gelatin
1/2 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Line a 20cm x 20cm pan or container with baking paper. Line it a second time so the edges come up all four sides of the container. Dust with tapioca flour so that the marshmallow doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Place the Natural Gelatin and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl to bloom.
- Heat the Maple Syrup, 1/2 cup water and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes at soft boil stage (or 240 degrees). Remove from the heat.
- Turn your mixer or beaters on low and slowly add the stream of syrup mixture to the gelatin.
- Adjust the mixer speed to high and continue beating until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. It can take up to 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the pan or container, and dust with tapioca flour on top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Once set, remove from the container and cut into (giant) squares. Enjoy!