2 cups sifted almond flour
1 cup butter, refrigerated
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 egg yolk
¾ cups dairy free butter (softened but not room temp)
¼ cup coconut cream
2 tbsp agave nectar
2 tbsp healthy sprinkles (preservative free, natural colours)
- Combine almond flour, thriving family, collagen beauty and pinch of sea salt.
- Add cold butter, ‘crumb’ the dry ingredients and butter together with your hands using your fingers in a rough pinching manner.
- Knead in the egg yolk and agave nectar until you get a soft, smooth dough.
- Place dough into a medium rectangle lined baking tray (we used a standard 23 x 33cm tray)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Meanwhile preheat oven 170C then bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 mins (you can refrigerate)
- Create the icing mixture in a large bowl by adding the alternative butter, coconut cream, agave syrup and vanilla.
- Lightly whip with a handheld mixer to combine.
- Add in the Collagen and whip for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes then smear over the shortbread, then scatter over sprinkles cut into triangles.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.