When the sun has gone down (finally), and we’ve just finished enjoying our fifth (or sixth) meal of the day, there’s nothing like sitting back and enjoying a tipple brimming with classic christmas spices. A warming syrup made using our Golden Latte plus additional nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger, brings major nostalgia vibes for Christmas passed.
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 cup vodka
2 tablespoons Kahlua
3 tablespoons coconut cream
cinnamon sticks for garnish
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Almonds
3 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
½ cup The Wholefood Pantry Brown Rice Syrup
1 tbsp Golden Latte
1. Prepare the crumble mixture by toasting your almonds, coconut sugar, 1 tsp nutmeg and 2 tsp cinnamon in a fry pan over a medium heat until slightly golden.
2. In a medium pot, combine 1 1/3 cups water, Golden Latte, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon and Brown Rice Syrup. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 3-5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
3. Dip top 1cm of cocktail glass rim into a bowl of rice malt, let the excess drip off, then dip into the crumble mixture
4. Fill a glass with ice. Add the vodka, Kahlua, and gingerbread syrup. Stir gently. Add the coconut cream and stir to combine.
5. Garnish with cinnamon sticks
Serves 1 (but you will have leftover syrup and toasted crumb for many more).