There’s nothing we love more than a warming dinner on a cool night, and this Green Curry Lentil Dahl ticks all the boxes for us. If your favourite dahl and a thai green curry had a baby, this would be the result. We’ve added our vegetable broth to pump up the comfort factor even more, with flavour that complements the green curry spices as well and adds some B vitamins and Zinc to the dish to support support general wellbeing and immunity.
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 piece of ginger (6cm), peeled and grated
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
1 bunch coriander, stalks chopped and leaves reserved
2 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed
1 large zucchini, chopped
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup tuscan kale, torn into pieces
1/2 cup baby spinach, to serve
1/2 cup red lentils
1/2 cup green lentils
400 ml coconut milk
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil
The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Pepitas
1. Soften the onion, garlic, coriander stalks, and ginger in a pan with coconut oil on medium heat.
2. Add in lentils, curry powder and spices, stirring for 1 minute.
3. Add coconut milk (reserving 1/4 cup), water, vegetable broth powder, lemongrass, lime juice and kaffir lime.
4. Bring mixture to a boil before reducing the heat and allow to simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add in vegetables (except spinach), and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until vegetables are al dente and lentils are nice and soft (add in a little more water is the mixture becomes dry).
5. Taste, and season with salt if needed. Stir through spinach leaves and allow to wilt.
6. Serve with coriander leaves, lime wedges, reserved coconut milk and pepitas.