2.5 cups almond flour
4.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp of salt
1.5 cups olive oil
1 cup agave nectar
6 large eggs, room temperature
1.5 cup almond milk
3 cups dairy free butter (softened but not room temp)
1 cup coconut cream
2 tsp water
½ cup agave nectar
250 ml agave nectar
½ cup water
Pinch of salt
Healthy sprinkles of choice
Pinch of tapioca flour (to cut petals)
¾ cup almond flour
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tbsp water
NB: Add a tiny bit more water if too dry
- Preheat the oven to 175 c
- Whisk the almond flour, Thriving Protein, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk the olive oil, eggs, agave nectar and almond milk together until combined
- Add the wet mix to the dry and mix together until fully combined
- Pour into cake moulds: one 28cm x 18cm mould and one 25cm x 8cm mould, bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool
- Cut out the cake shape: Trim the tops if the cakes have baked at an uneven height. Place the large rectangular cake topsite down on a flat surface (that you will serve the cake on), place the small bar cake at the narrow end of the rectangular cake, cut out a ‘2’ shape as shown using the large rectangle piece for the curvy top part and the bar cake as the bottom straight part. Trim the edges where the two cakes join to make sit flush together
- To make the icing, combine dairy free butter, coconut cream, Collagen Beauty Vanilla and mix with electric beaters until combined, then add agave nectar and beat again until smooth.
- Combine Berry Immune with 2 tbsp of water, then pour into icing mixture, beat again until fully combined. Place in the fridge until required. If the mixture becomes too stiff, you can use the beaters to make it more spreadable
- Make the marshmallow flower petals: Line a tray with baking paper. Place the Natural Gelatin and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl to bloom.
- Heat the agave nectar, 1/2 cup water and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes at soft boil stage (or 240 degrees). Remove from the heat.
- Turn your mixer or beaters on low and slowly add the stream of syrup mixture to the gelatin.
- Adjust the mixer speed to high and continue beating until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. It can take up to 10 minutes. Pour into a piping bag with a large nozzle, pipe in long lines onto the tray then refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Meanwhile to make flower centres combine almond flour, maple in a bowl. Mix together the Berry Immune and water, then pour into the almond flour mixture. Roll into small balls and refrigerate until required
- Ice the cake: Using a pallet knife, ice the cake all over.
- Cut the petals using a knife coated with tapioca flour as it gets sticky, then place some petals in a container with sprinkles to coat, then arrange into flowers on the cake. Place the flower centres on the cake then refrigerate until required.
Servings: Birthday party for 15+ kids (and adults)
Ready in: 4 hours
Difficulty level: A little bit cheffy