2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1½ teaspoons salt
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cream (or plant cream if dairy free)
½ cup water
½ cup grated parmesan cheese (or nutritional savoury flakes if dairy free)
100g sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (preservative free ideally)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
1.5 cups brown rice
1 cups of rocket and or baby spinach
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
- Pat the chicken dry. Using a meat tenderiser or rolling pin, bang the thicker parts of the chicken breast to even out the thickness a little more.
- Season all over with 1 tsp of salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the same skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cream, chicken broth powder, water, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, oregano, rocket or spinach, ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes, and remaining salt and pepper until fully combined.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for a further 5-7 or so minutes until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of the chicken reaches 75°C)
- Top chicken with basil, remaining parmesan cheese, and remaining chilli flakes and serve with a salad, over pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired