1/2 cup filtered water
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: 1 saffron thread (for colour)
3 tbsp Natural Gelatin
1/2 cup The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
The Wholefood Pantry Tapioca Flour (for dusting)
2 tbsp Collagen Beauty Lemon Lime
125g The Wholefood Pantry Dark Chocolate Buttons
1. Line a 20 cm x 20 cm pan or container with baking paper. Line it a second time so the edges come up all four sides of the container. Dust with Tapioca flour so that the marshmallow doesn't stick to the bottom.
2. Place the gelatin and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl to bloom.
3. Combine 1/4 cup water and Collagen Beauty Lemon Lime and stir until combined.
4. Heat the maple syrup, pineapple juice and collagen beauty in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes at soft boil stage (or 240 degrees if you have a candy thermometer). Remove from the heat.
5. Turn your mixer or beaters on low and slowly add the stream of syrup mixture to the gelatin.
6. Then turn the speed to high and continue beating until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. It can take up to 10 minutes.
7. Pour mixture into the container, and dust with tapioca flour on top. Gently place a layer of baking paper on top. Refrigerate for 6 hours. Don't lift up the top paper until fully set.
8. Once set, remove from container and cut into squares.
9. Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate, then dip each marshmallow square into the chocolate. Set into baking paper and place in the fridge for 10 minutes of until hardened, then repeat so each square is coated twice then refrigerate until ready to eat.
To make the marshmallow more vibrant put a saffron thread in the mixture while its heating