1 and ¾ cups pumpkin seeds
½ cup oat flour
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup honey or brown rice syrup for vegan
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ cup Ceres Organics Coconut Butter
1 dash of vanilla extract
¼ cup of goji berries for decoration (optional)
1 tbsp Berry Immune
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line and a square baking tin with baking paper, with enough overhang to remove bars from the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin seeds, oat flour (blended oats into a flour), and salt.
- Heat the honey or rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat until combined and heated through.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and stir until well incorporated using a large spoon.
- Pour into the baking tin and use the back of a wet spoon to press the mixture into the tin until it's compressed.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes, then remove the bars from the tin and allow to cool completely (about an hour). They will harden as they cool.
- For the icing, heat the coconut butter and separate into two small bowls. In one bowl mix in the Berry Immune and keep the other plain.
- Once the bars are fully cooled, drizzle over the two coconut butter icings in a zig zag pattern and sprinkle over the goji berries. Set in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- Once the icing is set, cut into 10 squares and enjoy.
Ready in: 35 mins
Notes: Our Merry Pepita Bites can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.