¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup raw honey + extra to serve
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large free-range organic eggs, room temperature
1 cup almond flour, spooned and levelled
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarb soda
¼ tsp salt
Zest of 1 small lemon
1 cup flaked almonds
250g mascarpone cheese
250g Sour cream
½ tsp cinnamon
Edible flowers to garnish
Cookie cutter - 5cm diameter
33 x 23 cake pan
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Grease and line a 33 x 23 cm cake pan and line with baking paper.
- In a bowl, use a whisk together olive oil, honey and 1 tsp vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each one is fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix the batter until the dry ingredients are fully combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Meanwhile toast the flaked almonds in a dry pan on medium heat. Stir around occasionally and remove from heat when golden brown and set aside to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, place the cake on a chopping board and using a cookie cutter, press down into the cake and twist to create the mini cake shape. Repeat all over the cake to get as many little round cakes as possible.
- For the icing, whisk together the mascarpone cream, sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon until combined
- Place half of the cakes on a tray, layer with a little of the cream mixture, then place another cake on top. Dollop more cake mixture on top, drizzle with a little honey and scatter over flaked almonds, top with cute flowers.
Servings: 8-12 cupcakes
Ready in: 2 hours
Difficulty level: Not too tricky