5 fresh mangos, chopped
1 lime, juiced
1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 egg yolks
400ml can coconut milk
6 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
1/3 cup Natural Gelatin
1 1/4 cup The Wholefood Pantry Raw Almonds
1/2 cup The Wholefood Pantry Shredded Coconut
1/4 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil, chilled
1. You will need to make your mango jelly and coconut custard the day before. To make mango jelly line a square slice tin with plastic wrap. In a food processor, process two of your mangos until liquified. Add your lime juice and 1 tbsp maple syrup and process again until combined.
2. Bloom your 1/4 cup gelatin in 1/2 cup water. Place another 1/2 cup boiling water in a heat-proof bowl and stir in your bloomed gelatin until combined. Add this to your mango and process again until all combined. Pour into your prepared slice tin and place in fridge overnight to set.
3. To make your custard, add remaining 1/8 cup gelatin to 1/4 cup water. Whisk your egg yolks, 3 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste until smooth, whisk in your coconut milk then transfer the mixture to a small saucepan over a medium low heat. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken, this should take about 10 minutes. Transfer to a heat proof bowl and stir in gelatin until it dissolves. Place in an ice bath, stirring for another 30 minutes until cooled. Cover and place in the fridge to chill overnight.
4. To make your crumb: preheat your oven to 180C. Combine your almonds, shredded coconut, macadamias, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Add your coconut oil and remaining oil and combine until coarse crumbs form (using your hands is best). Spread out evenly on a lined baking tray and place in over for 12-14 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool.
5. Slice your mango jelly into cubes.
6. To serve, in a glass layer custard, crumbled, jellies and fresh mango until your glass is full.