500g pork and veal mince*
1 large carrot chopped
2 large sticks of celery chopped
1 brown onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
1 700ml bottle of tomato passata*
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
3 fresh bay leaves
500g dried rigatoni pasta
40 g parmesan cheese, optional
Ground black pepper
* You can choose any mince you like - turkey, chicken, beef or lamb would work perfectly.
* Use any of your favorite store bought or homemade tomato pasta sauce
* If you are making this recipe for kids and want to avoid the fight at the dinner table about the veggies they can see, use 3 heaped tablespoons of Nutra Organics Veggie Hero.
* We like to add some fresh chopped herbs to my bolognese just before serving, our favorites are basil, parsley and chives.
4 tablespoons of your Beef Bone Broth Hearty Original
- Put a large saucepan on a medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and rosemary leaves. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble in the mince, turn the heat up to high and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned all over, stirring and breaking it up with a cooking spoon as you go.
- Add the Beef Bone Broth Hearty Original powder and stir through the mix.
- Add the tomato purée, vinegar, rosemary and bay leaves.
- Stir well, turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil.
- Season with pepper, reduce to a low heat, then cover and simmer for around 10 minutes or up to an hour if you have time. Stirring occasionally.
- When ready, remove the lid and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until thickened and reduced.
- While this simmers, cook your rigatoni according to packet instructions.
- Pick out and discard the bay leaves.
- Divide the pasta between your bowls, add a spoon of bolognese to each bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese (if using), then serve.
Ready in: 40 minutes