200 g organic butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp of nut butter of you choice, we used peanut butter
1/2 cup The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
2 cups The Wholefood Pantry Buckwheat Flour
100 g The Wholefood Pantry Organic Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Buttons
1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. Melt the butter and maple syrup in your pan on top of the stove. Once melted and combined leave to cool slightly.
3. Whisk your egg and add it to your butter and maple mixture, along with the flour, cinnamon, vanilla paste and baking powder, stir until a batter has formed.
4. Spoon your peanut butter into your batter (it's best to spread the peanut butter around to avoid having just one giant chunk of peanut butter). Scatter your choc buttons on top.
5. Transfer your pan into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy on the outside and lovely and golden on top.
6. To serve all you need are spoons, then place your cookie in the middle of the table, add a scoop of ice-cream if desired, and go for it!
NOTE: This is called a one pan cookie because it is prepared and cooked in the one pan, so make sure you have a pan that can go in the oven too. If you don't you can always melt the butter and maple together in a small sauce pan and do the rest of the steps using a cake tin.