Snuggle up and get cosy with this one pot wonder featuring our nutritious Chicken Bone Broth Turmeric, perfect for some winter immunity lovin’. This Chicken Biryani is traditionally an Indian recipe, guaranteed to make the house smell spicey and enticing too. Cook it all up in one pot and enjoy less dishes, it’s a win-win.
4 chicken thigh
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp garam masala
1 cinnamon stick
3 cardamon pods
2 onion sliced
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 ½ cups boiling water
1 ½ cups basmati rice
½ a cauliflower broken into florets
(Optional to serve)
2 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add cumin, smoked paprika and garam masala. Toast for a few seconds until fragrant, tip spices into a bowl then add salt and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine. Remove pan from heat.
- Using half of the spice mixture, season the chicken thigh on both sides.
- Bring the pan back to heat, add olive oil, then add the onions, garlic and ginger to the pan, cook for 4 minutes, then move it all to the side of the pan.
- Add the chicken and turn so that both sides are golden brown, then set aside.
- Add the cauliflower, spices, rice, cardamon, cinnamon stick, chicken bone broth and 2.5 cups boiling water, stir then nestle the chicken thighs back in to the pot.
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, test to ensure the rice is cooked through.
- Season if needed, serve with toasted almonds, yogurt, coriander and finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice.