We’re channelling all the summer vibes with this tasty tropical dish! It may look fancy served in a pineapple boat but don’t be fooled, sans the styling it’s actually super quick and easy to make, and a brilliant light week-night dinner, perfect for using up any leftover cooked chicken, but also relish as a vegetarian meal.
2 cloves garlic - diced
1 thumb size piece of ginger - grated
2 tbsp tamari
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp fish sauce ( Vego option: extra tamari )
Juice of 1 lime
½ mild chilli - thinly sliced
1 small cucumber quartered and chopped
½ cup of fresh mint leaves
1 cup quinoa white
1 cup cashews
1 cup of leftover chicken - shredded ( Vego option: tofu )
½ pineapple cut into small chunks
(or to serve in a pineapple boat: 1 whole pineapple cut in half, with the flesh removed and half cut and set aside for the stirfry)
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
1. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. Add in Vegetable Broth.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add in chopped pineapple, garlic and ginger, fry for 2 minutes to soften and caramelise.
3. Add in leftover chicken and cashews, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in cooked quinoa, chilli, tamari, coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Take off the heat, add in cucumber and mint leaves, stir to combine then serve!
6. Season with a little more tamari or lime juice if desired.