1 cup filtered water
1 tsp vanilla (paste, extract, powder or bean - scraped)
3 tbsp Natural Gelatin
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup (you could also use another liquid sweetener)
1/4 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
The Wholefood PantryTapioca Flour (for dusting)
1 tsp Velvet Latte
1. Line an 20cm x 20cm inch pan or container with baking paper. Line it a second time so the edges come up all four sides of the pan or container Dust with arrowroot starch so that the marshmallow doesn’t stick to the bottom.
2. Place the gelatin and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl to bloom.
3. Heat the Maple Syrup, vanilla, remaining water, salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes at soft boil stage (or 240 degrees).
4. Remove from he heat. Turn your mixer or beaters on low and slowly add the stream of syrup mixture to the gelatin. Turn the speed to high on the mixer and continue beating until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. It can take up to 10 minutes.
5. Add in 1 tsp of the Velvet Latte (or more for a darker pink colour) and mix again until the mixture is an even tone. You can also split the batch in half and spike one mix with another natural flavouring like matcha or turmeric!
6. Pour out into the container, and dust with arrowroot starch on top. Gently place a layer of baking paper on top. Refrigerate for 6 hours. Don’t lift up the top paper until fully set.
7. Once set, remove from container and cut into (giant) squares. Enjoy!