We’ve really outdone ourselves here (if we do say so ourselves). These ridiculously moreish morsels take your standard snickers bar to the next level. Dates help to create a rich layer of caramel goodness without nasty refined sugars. It takes some real restraint to stop yourself coming back for seconds (or thirds, or fourths) of these bars of chewy deliciousness.
½ cup smooth peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
30 The Wholefood Pantry Deglet Nour Dates
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Popcorn, prepared as per packet instructions
½ cup The Wholefood Pantry Almonds, roughly chopped
80 g The Wholefood Pantry Dark Chocolate Buttons
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Place dates, peanut butter and vanilla in a high-powered blender or food processor and whizz for 2-4 minutes until mixture forms a paste.
3. Transfer date mixture to a large bowl and add your popped popcorn and almonds and mix well to combine, use the back of a spoon to press your mixture into the base of your loaf tin.
4. Place your chocolate in a heatproof dish and melt double boiler style (over a pot of boiling water), stirring constantly until chocolate melts.
5. Pour the chocolate over your slice and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set, this should take 20-30 minutes.
6. Remove from tin and cut your slice into bars using a hot knife and place back in the refrigerator until ready to serve.