2 teaspoons olive oil
1 leek finely sliced
¼ pumpkin diced into cubes
2 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 litre of vegetable stock
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 cups of arborio rice
1 cup water
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp of smoked paprika
3 tbsp of Chicken Bone Broth Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius and chop the pumpkin into small cubes. Bake the pumpkin with a splash of olive oil for 15-25 minutes until golden and cooked through, then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan on medium. Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides and cooked through, set aside, cover and keep warm.
- In a separate pot combine the vegetable stock, water, bone broth and turmeric until hot but not boiling.
- Heat remaining oil in the same saucepan on medium. Sauté leek for 1-2 minutes, until starting to soften. Season to taste.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, stirring to loosen the caramelised bits.
- Stir rice and smoked paprika through and cook for 1 minute or until they begin to become translucent.
- Stir in 1 cup of hot stock and cook, stirring, until stock is absorbed. Continue adding stock 1 cup at a time until each addition is absorbed, stirring and simmering for about 20-25 minutes, until risotto is tender and creamy.
- Add chicken and pumpkin and heat through.
- Sprinkle on parmesan.
Category: Lunch, Dinner
Ready in: 30 mins