1/2 sweet potato
2 cobs of corn
2 lime, juiced
100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
A selection of greens, we used broccoli, edamame beans, and cucumber
1 tbsp smoked paprika
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
3-4 cup boiling water
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Basmati Rice
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Cashews
2 heaped tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original (Or Vegetable Broth)
3 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes
2-3 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Place cashews in a bowl and fill with boiling water, soak for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
3. Cut sweet potato into chips, drizzle over a little olive oil and salt. Lay out onto a tray and roast for 20 minutes or until caramelised and tender.
4. Add rice to a saucepan with a little olive oil, smoked paprika, ground cumin and 2/3 of the minced garlic. Fry for a minute or two until fragrant, then add 1.5 cups of water, cherry tomatoes, Chicken Bone Broth powder, 2 tbsp Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes, and 1 tsp of salt.
6. Char corn by placing the corn cobs over a gas flame and turning as it begins to char each side. Alternatively, if there is no access to an open flam, simply cut off the corn kernels and fry in a pan over a high heat until they begin to char. Set aside.
7. To make lime cashew aioli, combine soaked cashews, lime juice, 1 tsp salt, remainder of minced garlic, 1 tbsp Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes, and 1/4 cup of water. Blitz in a food processor or Nutribullet until creamy. Add more water if needed, adjust seasoning to taste.
8. Prepare and cut your greens for serving.
9. You can simply serve the avocado halved and in slices, but for a little extra fanciness make the avocado rose by cutting an avocado in half, remove the seed and carefully peel off the avocado skin. Slice the avocado face down with a sharp knife, make slices 1-2 millimetres apart. Then carefully fan out the avocado into a 'U' shape, then curl it around on itself carefully to make a rose shape, repeat for the other avocado half (there are some great youtube tutorials out there for any visual peeps!).
10. Serve everything together topping with the avocado and enjoy the yumminess with some good company!
Makes 2 big bowls.