I’ll have my nourish bowl in taco form, please!
These tasty and colourful tacos are cute, delicious and make an amazing meal or snack. It includes all the superstars that you would normally find in a nourish bowl, but delivered in a convenient and adorable mini taco, making them ideal for every member of the family.
The olive oil, avocado, salmon and pepitas provide healthy fats which are great for skin and overall health. The sauerkraut is an amazing source of natural probiotics, lactic acid (which assists digestion), and tyramine, which is the result of the bacteria breaking down tyrosine and phenylalanine and is associated with reduced blood pressure.
This recipe is dairy free, but the Vegan Nutritional Flakes provide the tasty cheesy seasoning that bring the flavour profile to the next level. Besides tasting awesome, our Nutritional Yeast Flakes are rich in B Vitamins and Zinc.
These little pocket rockets have it all. They are macronutrient balanced and contain so many healthful vitamins and minerals, they taste epic and look adorable.
1/4 kent pumpkin, cut into thin 'crescent moons'
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Handful of baby spinach
2-3 tbsp of nutritional savoury flakes
himalayan crystal salt
1 cucumber, cut into strips
2-3 full-sized corn cobs
3 tbsp coloured sauerkraut
1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
2 large pieces fresh salmon (or hot smoked salmon)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes
8-10 mini tacos
1-2 limes, cut into quarters
1. Preheat oven to 180C, place pumpkin moons into a lined baking tray, sprinkle broth over and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
2. Meanwhile, char corn on a gas flame or in a dry hot pan, then season with a pinch of salt.
3. Shave the kernels off one of the corn cobs for the taco filling. Cut the remaining corn in half to serve on the side.
4. For pan seared salmon, season the salmon with a little himalayan crystal salt. Then place a pan on a medium heat, add a little olive oil and cook the salmon on each side for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking, then flake into small pieces.
5. Heat the mini taco tortillas, then assemble a little of each ingredient into the tacos, sprinkle over Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes, and dried chilli flakes. Serve with wedges of lime to squeeze over.