1 whole jap pumpkin
4 large tomatoes or a punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, quartered
3 cloves of garlic, whole
1 block (200g) danish feta cheese
4 cups water
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter (optional)
Juice of ½ lemon
Cracked black pepper
3 tbsp chopped parsley
To serve: toasted sourdough
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and cut pumpkin and tomatoes into similar size chunks and add to a roasting pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, onions, garlic and the block of feta cheese.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Transfer everything to a large pot.
- Add broth powder and water, mix to combine.
- Blitz with a bar mix or very carefully pour all ingredients into a blender and blitz until super smooth.
- Pour back into the pan and simmer gently. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, topped with fresh parsley and crusty sourdough.
Freezes well - just thaw in the fridge for a day or two before reheating