150 g crushed biscuits of your choice (we used healthy gingernut biscuits)
1 cup water
250 g The Wholefood Pantry Dark Chocolate Buttons
3 tbsp Natural Gelatin
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
1 heaped tbsp Velvet Latte
1 heaped tbsp Mermaid Latte
1/4 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Melt 250g Dairy Free Dark Choc Buttons over a double boiler, set aside and keep warm.
2. Place the gelatin and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl to bloom.
3. Heat the maple syrup, 1/2 cup water and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes at soft boil stage (or 116C-118C, 242-245F degrees if you have a candy thermometer). Remove from the heat.
4. Turn your mixer or beaters on low and slowly add the stream of syrup mixture to the gelatin.
5. Turn the speed to high and continue beating until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. It can take up to 10 minutes.
6. Once the mixture has stiff peaks, separate into two bowls. Add 1 heaped tablespoon of Nutra Organics Mermaid Latte to one bowl, and 1 heaped tablespoon Velvet Latte to the other. Mix well. (NOTE: the marshmallow mixture will begin to set quickly after this so prepare your tray and chocolate before this step).
7. Line the base and sides of a baking tray with baking paper. Add the melted chocolate and crushed gingernut biscuits and mix. Add swirls of each marshmallow mixture to the chocolate.
8. Put in fridge for minimum 1 hour.
9. Cut up into desired pieces and serve
NOTE: If you have any leftover marshmallow mix. Line the base and sides of a baking tray with cling wrap and dust with tapioca flour to prevent sticking (cornflour and icing sugar works as well). Pour the marshmallow mixture in and smooth the top. Once it sets you can cut it into cubes or desired shape.