2 chicken breasts
1 cup tapioca flour
½ tbsp garlic powder
½ tbsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked pepper
½ cup almond meal
1 tbsp linseeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted white
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
½ cup grated parmesan (or substitute for vegan savoury flakes for a dairy free option)
1 cup of cabbage, sliced
2 carrots, julienned
1 cucumber, grated
½ cup mayonnaise
½ lemon juiced
½ lemon cut into wedges
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
- Carefully slice chicken breast in half horizontally to create thinner cutlets, place chicken in between two sheets of baking paper, flatten out to an even thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Place tapioca flour into a bowl. Whisk eggs into a second bowl and combine the almond meal, rice flakes, seeds, parmesan, broth powder and spices onto a plate.
- Coat the chicken first into the tapioca flour, then in the beaten eggs and finally in the seasoned crumb mixture.
- Heat 1-2cm (½ inch) oil in a large pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Carefully lay the chicken into the hot oil and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp
- Remove the cooked schnitzel from the pan and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage, cucumber, carrot with mayonnaise and lemon juice, season and toss to combine.
Serve schnitzel with slaw.
For a dairy free option, swap out parmesan cheese for vegan savoury flakes and use a dairy free mayonnaise