1 whole cauliflower
1/4 Kent pumpkin, cut into moons
1 can chickpeas, drained
4 tbsp store bought hummus
50 g Feta
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup mint, chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
pinch chilli flakes
1 tbsp water
1 cucumber, cut into rounds
1/2 cup green olives
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Brown Basmati Rice
1 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Pepitas
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Cook rice to packet instructions, keep covered and set aside.
3. Place pumpkin moons on a lined baking tray, drizzle over olive oil, sprinkle with salt, fennel seeds, and a slight dusting of cinnamon. Mix to combine. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until tender and caramelised.
4. Meanwhile, make your spice paste by combining ground coriander, ground cinnamon, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, pinch chilli flakes, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup & 1 tbsp water in a bowl.
5. Add chickpeas to a lined baking tray, cover with half of the spice mix and stir to combine. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crunchy on the outside, and creamy on the inside. Drizzle with olive oil during cooking if they begin to look a bit dry.
6. Prepare cauliflower by trimming away leaves. With the cauliflower sitting on its stem, slice it in half. Carefully cut one thick slice from either side, so that you have two steaks that are flat on both sides, each about 3-4 cm thick. Keep the leftover cauliflower for use in another dish.
7. In a frying pan on a medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, then gently add the steaks to the pan, fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until a golden brown crust forms. After turning the first time, brush the steaks with the spice paste.
8. Remove zest of the lemon with a microplane, set aside, then cut the lemon in half.
9. Transfer the steaks to a lined baking tray, paste side down, then brush the other side with the remaining paste. Add in lemon halves, cut side up, and 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
10. To serve, smear half of the hummus on each plate, spoon on the cooked rice, layer over pumpkin, cauliflower steaks and a lemon half on each plate, then top with cucumber, olives, pepitas, crumbled fetta, chopped parsley, mint and lemon zest.
11. Squeeze roasted lemon jam over the whole dish.