Veggie Hero has had a sushi makeover! Simple and easy to make, and even easier to sneak some extra nutrition in with Veggie Hero’s super power blend of 15 veggies, fruits and super greens. These Sushi Flowers might just be the visually appealing artwork your children need to devour some delicious ‘flowers’ (aka Sushi Flowers with Veggie Hero) and gain all the nutritional benefits.
1 cup sushi rice
1 cucumber, sliced lengthwise
1 carrot, sliced lengthwise
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 sheets of nori, cut into quarters
2 sheets of nori cut in half
¼ cup tamari
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
1 tbsp heaped Veggie Hero
- Cook rice to packet instructions, allow to cool.
- Add 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and Veggie Hero.
- Place about a tablespoon of rice on the edge of one of the quarter cut pieces of nori, then use the mat to roll it into a thin sushi roll. Seal with water on the edge of the nori to set together.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Place the sushi rolls on the mat around a stick of carrot, then carefully place a cucumber stick in between each roll.
- Take one of the half cut pieces of nori, tuck it under the bundle of sushi rolls then using the mat, fold it over and roll it round until it joins up and binds the little rolls together
- Lay the other piece of nori on the mat, cover with a layer of rice, then place the sushi bundle onto the edge of the sheet, roll that sheet over the nori using the mat and seal with water on the edge to set together.
- To serve, use a sharp knife, dip it in water and carefully slice through the sushi to reveal the flower shape.
Serves 2 big rolls, about 8 pieces