1. To make the cookies, preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Place 1 cup dark chocolate buttons, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 1/4 cup coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the mixture is melted and smooth. Set aside.
3. Place the egg, coconut sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk for 10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
4. Stir through the chocolate mixture, protein, cacao, baking powder and 1/2 tsp of salt and remaining chocolate into the egg mixture.
5. Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture, one at a time, onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on trays.
6. Meanwhile, to make the filling, place dates, remaining vanilla, salt, coconut oil, 2 tbsp of peanut butter and maple syrup into a food processor, blitz until creamy. Roll into balls and store in the fridge to firm up.
7. Make the chia jam by processing 150g frozen raspberries, chia seeds and warm water in a food processor until combined, allow to set for a few hours.
8. Layer the cookies with a ball of the peanut butter caramel, chia jam, fresh raspberries and a tsp of peanut butter.
Makes 14 individual cookies or 7 cookie sandwiches.