Tropical Collagen Marshmallows:
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup tropical fruit juice
1 cup desiccated coconut
Tapioca flour (for dusting)
Fruits of your choice, we used:
5 mandarins, peeled and pith removed
2 mangos, cubed
1 pineapple, cubed
400 g strawberries, quartered
1x 400 g can Coconut Cream
4 tbsp Natural Gelatin
2 tbsp Collagen Beauty Tropical
- Line a 40 cm x 20 cm pan or container with baking paper. Line it a second time so the edges come up all four sides of the container. Dust with Tapioca flour so that the marshmallow doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Place the gelatin and ½ cup of water in a mixing bowl to bloom.
- Combine ¼ cup water and Collagen Beauty Tropical, stir until combined.
- Heat the maple syrup, tropical juice and Collagen Beauty mixture in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it boil for a couple of minutes at soft boil stage (or 240 degrees if you have a candy thermometer). Remove from the heat.
- Turn your mixer or beaters on low and slowly add the stream of syrup mixture to the gelatin.
- Then turn the speed to high and continue beating until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. It can take up to 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the container and dust with tapioca flour. Gently place a layer of baking paper on top. Refrigerate for 6 hours. Don’t lift up the top paper until fully set.
- Cut into small squares then dust with desiccated coconut.
- To make the coconut whipped cream, chill your coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Before whipping the cream, chill a large mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid of coconut cream and remove the thickened cream that’s sitting on the top. Leave the liquid component, and use for something else.
- Put the cream in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy, this should take about a minute.
- Cut your fruits into bite sized pieces. Now, you’re ready to assemble your ambrosia salad.
- In separate bowl, combine your fruit and marshmallow pieces.
- Pour the coconut cream over the fruit and marshmallows, stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Ready in: 4 hours
Marshmallows can be made the day before for easy assembly day of.