This Vegan wonder is an excellent addition to your weekly meal prep, super easy to prepare (especially with store bought vegan quiche base), and easy to portion up and enjoy throughout the week. Roasted pumpkin, caramelized onion and flavourful herbs will make this quiche a favourite that you'll go back to again and again.
1x Vegan quiche base
3 cups cashews, soaked (30 mins boiling water, 4 hours cool water)
1/2 cup nutritional savoury flakes
Half a pumpkin
2x red onions
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1x cup finely sliced fresh basil
1x tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
2x tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
Handful of pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup water
Pink Himalayan Salt
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
1. Preheat your oven to 180C
2. Grease a 20x5 baking dish and place your vegan quiche base inside before blind baking as per instructions.
3. Slice your pumpkin into crescents, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt on top, turn to ensure pieces are coated before placing them on another baking dish and roasting in the oven for 20 minutes. (You don't want your pumpkin to burn, just become nice and tender so that it will finish cooking when once you've assembled your quiche).
4. While your pumpkin is baking slice your onions and caramelise over a low heat with a dash of balsamic vinegar and salt.
5. To make the Cashew Cream Cheese filling, add cashews, Vegetable Broth, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, vegan nutritional savoury flakes, lemon juice, water and salt to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and adjust the salt if needed and add more water if a runnier consistency is desired. Add basil, rosemary, thyme and mix by hand until combined.
6. Smear your caramelized onion onto the quiche base, spoon in your cashew cream cheese and carefully place your pumpkin crescents. Top with herbs.
7. Bake quiche for 15 minutes then sprinkle with pine nuts and return to the oven until nuts are golden.