1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
250g frozen or fresh spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cup raw cashews (soaked 2-3 hours in water)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lemon juiced
1 sourdough cob loaf
*Alternatively you can use store bought cashew cheese.
½ cup mixed pepitas, white sesame & black sesame for topping.
1/3 cup The Wholefood Pantry Vegan Savoury Flakes
1 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
1. Soak your cashews in water for 2-3 hours and thaw your frozen spinach.
2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
3. Dice your brown onion and finely slice the cloves of garlic. Cook it in a pan with a bit of olive oil until clear and soft.
4. Add in the thawed or fresh spinach in the pan and combine. Season with salt and pepper. Take off the heat.
5. Drain and rinse your cashews and add them in a blender along with the nutritional yeast, broth, water, salt, pepper and lemon juice, blend until creamy and smooth.
6. Combine the cashew cream with the spinach and leave to the side while preparing the cob loaf.
7. For your cob loaf, cut a circle on top with a serrated knife and remove the inside of the loaf leaving 3-4 cm crust on all sides.
8. Spoon the spinach dip into the loaf and place the loaf on an oven tray.
9. Dice the rest of the bread in 3-4 cm big squares, place them around the cob loaf and drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden and crunchy