1 carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cans Australian Crushed tomatoes
500 ml water
1 can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 bunch basil, plus extra for toastie
1/2 bunch oregano
Gluten Free bread of choice
1 tomato, sliced
Gluten Free Penne (or your choice of pasta)
2 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
The Wholefood Pantry Vegan Nutritional Savoury Flakes
1. Sautee carrots, celery, onion and garlic in olive oil and butter until soft and translucent.
2. Add in cans of tomato and broth with 500 ml water, and bring to a boil.
3. Add cannelini beans, chickpeas, cabbage and herbs, bring to a boil.
4. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
5. While pasta is cooking, prepare your toasties. Heat up a frying pan over a medium heat, prepare your toasties by arranging goats cheese feta, sliced tomato and basil leaves on to your bread of choice. Add olive oil to frying pan and toast your sandwich flipping until golden on both sides.
6. Serve your minestrone with toastie on the side.