4 sheets of puff pastry or 1kg simple dough
400g mozzarella cheese, grated
1 bunch basil
1 bunch parsley
50g parmesan cheese
100g nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts or pine nuts)
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
Cracked black pepper
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Miso Ramen
2 tbsp Clean Greens
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Choose a baking tray and line with baking paper
- Take the baking paper from the tray, make another the same size and build your tree(s) on it for ease of transfer.
- On both sheets of baking paper take 2 sheets of puff pastry and make a christmas tree shape. There will be joins in them, just overlap and smooth out as much as possible - anything that looks odd will be covered by some strategic cheese.
- In a food processor, blender or the like add all the ingredients (not the mozzarella!) and whiz to a consistency you would like - shorter for chunky and longer for smooth
- Grate the mozzarella.
- Gently spoon pesto onto the bottom tree (the less attractive of the 2) and then spread to cover.
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella to cover the pesto - reserving a cup (for the top).
- Take the top tree on the baking paper and flip it onto the bottom tree.
- Have a good ol’ laugh about what just took place, and then fix it so it looks like a christmas tree.
- Place a large ruler down the center of the tree (if you have one) or faintly mark 2 guidelines down the center of the tree so you dont cut them.
- Cut horizontally from the top in 2 cm strips all the way down each side of the tree.
- Twist each cut section twice for fanciness.
- Egg wash the whole thing and make sure to scatter the remaining cheese so that it hides the cuts but not accentuating them (a skill that we did not master in the testing so best of luck).
Servings: 8-12 snacks
Ready in: 45 mins
Note: Serve with marinara sauce or tomato kinda situation.