The lead up to Christmas day can be overwhelming, late night shopping picking out last minute presents, end of year break up parties, and setting up the Christmas tree. We’ve got just the thing for those feeling a bit sluggish on Christmas morning (or for those who love coffee). Indulgent Whipped Coffee perfectly compliments a chocolatey base (thanks to our Lover’s Latte). We’ve gone overboard with the Whipped topping, so if you’re not needing the major caffeine hit, use as much, or as little, as you like.
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp very hot water
20 ml coconut milk
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp Lover’s Latte
1. Add the instant coffee, coconut sugar, and hot water to a medium mixing bowl. Using an electric hand-held mixer, whip the coffee mixture until it is light brown, fluffy, and holds stiff peaks when the whisk is removed. Set aside.
2. Mix Lover’s Latte and coconut milk.
3. Place the vodka, kahlua and Lover’s Latte mixture in a cocktail shaker with ice.
4. Shake vigorously then pour into a cocktail glass.
5. Top with as much (or a little) whipped coffee as you feel appropriate.