1/4 Kent Pumpkin, cut into chunks
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp Tamari
4-5 mushrooms, we used enoki and shiitake
A selection of veggies, we used kale, snow peas, cucumber, spring onions and radish.
Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
1 1/2 cups of water
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Brown Basmati Rice
3 tbsp of Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Mushroom
The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
The Wholefood Pantry Vegan Savoury Flakes
1. Combine the chopped pumpkin, fennel seeds, a sprinkling of Himalayan crystal salt and olive oil onto a baking tray, then bake for 30 mins on 180 degrees.
2. Gently sauté onion, garlic and ginger with a little oil in a saucepan. Stir in rice and Chinese five spice, and fry for anther 30 seconds. Then add water, tamari, broth powder of your choice (we used Chicken - Homestyle Mushroom), and cook covered on a very low heat for 25 mins or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. When pumpkin and rice are almost cooked, slice any larger mushrooms, then add all the mushrooms to a pan with a little oil and fry until golden brown, then add a splash of tamari at the end.
4. Slice and prep your veggies.
5. Season the rice with sesame oil.
6. Serve portions of rice, pumpkin, mushrooms and veggies into bowls.