2 cups lentils
1 1/2 cup yellow split peas, soaked overnight
1 whole bunch of kale or silverbeet
1 brown onion, chopped
1/3 cup organic yellow curry paste
1 400mL can coconut milk
Coconut yoghurt, to serve
Coriander, to serve
Papadums, to serve
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
1. Seperate the leaves from the stems of your kale and chop, finely chop the stems as well.
2. In a large saucepan over a medium high heat, melt your coconut oil and saute onions and kale stems until onion is soft.
3. Add curry paste, stir until aromatic.
4. Add in your lentils, yellow peas, coconut milk, broth powder and 2 cups water.
5. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1/2 hour. After 1/2 hour check to see if cooked to liking, if not ready, cook for a bit longer (If your mixture is looking a bit dry, add more broth). Taste and season to preference.
6. When your dahl is ready stir in kale and allow to wilt.
7. To serve, top with coconut yoghurt, coriander, papadums and lime.