This delicious chicken congee is the perfect, nourishing end of week dinner, and one of those dishes that just feels like a comforting hug. The warm bite of ginger, paired with the salty kick from our Chicken Bone Miso Ramen, will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Try doubling the recipe if you want to spice up your Monday lunch, you won't regret it.
100 g sushi rice
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tsp grated Ginger
Cooked chicken breast, to serve
Spring onion, to serve
Sesame seeds, to serve
Seaweed rice seasoning, to serve
2 tbl Chicken Bone Broth Miso Ramen
The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Add rice to saucepan, grate garlic cloves and ginger the saucepan and add Chicken Bone Broth Miso Ramen and 750 ml water.
2. Cook rice for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop from sticking. Add more water if the mixture becomes too thick and dry.
3. Meanwhile in another pot, boil 500ml of water then add eggs, cook for 6 minutes. Remove eggs. and place in iced water to stop the cooking process. Peel eggs and set aside. Cut half just before serving.
4. Taste and season with salt as needed.
5. Divide cooked rice between 2 bowls then top with remaining ingredients.