Nothing makes you want to scream ‘get into my belly’ like Crispy Roast Pork Belly. We’ve mastered the art of the perfectly crispy skin, ready to be lathered in our ‘Lazy Glazey Sauce’. So delicious it might be the closest thing to a Christmas miracle.
1 pork belly (1.7-2kg) - highest welfare available
6 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to really really hot (240 degrees)
- Take pork out of the fridge and place on the bench to get to room temperature.
- Dry the skin with kitchen towel so it is very dry
- Slice the skin in a pattern taking care not to cut into the flesh - just the skin and fat. Using a very sharp knife or even a stanley knife is best
- Salt all over taking care to get into all the crevasses
- Place pork on the oven tray with a drip tray underneath (if you have one)
- Bake for 30 mins at 240 degrees to get the skin to a good place. Turn oven down to 180 degrees and finish the bake (30 mins per 500g)
- If the skin isn’t freaking amazing at the end of the bake, turn the griller on and grill the top of the pork until it is amazing. Make sure you keep an eye on it - it will break your heart to burn the top
- Rest for 20 mins prior to slicing and serving
- Serve with Lazy Glazey Sauce
Ready in: 2.5 hours